Economic Development Meeting September 2019 'Housing Panel'
Join us at Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest for our first Economic Development meeting after summer break.
- Welcome remarks by Junior Achievement, including information on their facility and programming. Tours available after meeting.
- Housing Panel with leaders in the housing community in Minnesota. From affordable housing and rising costs to several new housing projects in the Twin Cities, housing is a hot topic. Hear from leaders on trends and the expectation for the future.
- Marty McDonough, Minnesota Multi Housing Association
- Jason Peterson, NeighborWorks Home Partners
- Chris Wilson, Project for Pride in Living
- Moderated by Senator John Hoffman
About Junior Achievement: Established in 1949, the Minneapolis and St. Paul chapters of Junior Achievement merged in 1982 to create Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest, Inc. (JAUM). JAUM has broadened its reach and now serves greater Minnesota, North Dakota and western Wisconsin. JAUM headquarters and its capstone facility are located in Maplewood, Minnesota.
Junior Achievement programs are taught in more than 700 schools throughout the upper Midwest. During the 2018-19 school year, 169,990 students experienced JA programming. JAUM strives to provide relevant, fundamental learning opportunities for students in grades K-12, preparing them for a lifetime of success.
Last year JAUM partnered with 10,475 community volunteers to teach our programs to local students. Through age-appropriate curricula, Junior Achievement programs teach children how they can impact the world around them as individuals, workers and consumers, and prepare students to succeed in school and beyond.