Sales Associate (Part-Time or Full-Time)
Richfield, MN -OR- New Hope, MN -OR- Bloomington, MN
The Arc Minnesota wants you! We are seeking someone who is connected and engaged in their community and enjoys building relationships with people of all backgrounds and experiences.
¡The Arc Minnesota lo está buscando! Buscamos una persona vinculada y comprometida con su comunidad, que disfrute de crear vínculos con personas de contextos sociales y experiencias diversos.
Arc Minnesota xav tau koj! Peb tab tom nrhiav qee tus neeg tuas tau sib txuas thiab sib koom hauv lawv lub zej zog thiab txaus siab los tsim cov kev sib raug zoo nrog cov pej xeem ntawm txhua cov keeb kwm thiab cov kev paub dhau los.
Arc Minnesota ayaa kuu baahan! Waxaan raadineynaa qof ku xiran oo ku hawlan beeshooda oo ku raaxeysta dhisidda xiriirrada dadka asalkoodu yahay iyo waayo aragnimada oo dhan.
Organization & Position Summary:
The Arc Minnesota promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
Be a Villager! For more than 30 years, thanks to shoppers, donors, and the team of staff & volunteers, Arc’s Value Village has provided funding for The Arc Minnesota programs and services, benefiting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Our helpful staff is trained to provide excellent customer service in a fun, friendly, and clean shopping environment.
This position Provides customer service to Value Village customers and donors in a variety of ways: cashiering, answering phones, greeting customers, assisting donors, answering questions, providing information. In addition, the Sales Associate assists with pricing and stocking merchandise and keeping sales floor organized and safe.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous time off policies such as sick time and floating holiday time, for full-time AND part-time team members
- Flexible schedules, because we understand the importance of your life OUTSIDE of the workplace
- Varied work responsibilities & development opportunities to GROW your career
- Wages STARTING at $12.50/hour
- The Arc of Minnesota proudly offers benefit options to employees working full-time AND part-time
- The opportunity to make a difference in YOUR community & and in the lives of Minnesotans experiencing Intellectual and Development Disabilities
- Operate point of sale (cash register) accurately and processes customer purchases efficiently and appropriately
- Provides accurate services including purchases, gift card sales/redemptions, sale discounts
- Complies with internal control measures and other money handling procedures
- Request management assistance for customer or donor needs as needed
- Meets established time requirements and merchandising guidelines for stickering/restocking
- Maintain neat and clutter free cash register area
- Monitor activity on sales floor, maintain safe sales floor conditions
- Arrives to work on time/completes assigned shifts with few exceptions
- Works independently without constant supervision
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred
- 1 Years Sales Associate/POS Experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, donors, and volunteers
- Able to lift boxes and bags that weigh 30 – 50 lbs
- Able to bend, stoop, stand and walk continuously throughout assigned work shift
- Able to work varied hours/days as business dictates
The above is intended to describe the general content & requirements for this position. This job posting should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Arc Minnesota is proud to be an AA/EEO employer