Donation Center Associate (Part-Time or Full-Time)
Richfield, MN -OR- New Hope, MN
The Arc Minnesota wants you! We are seeking someone who is connected and engaged in their community and enjoys building relationships with people of all backgrounds and experiences.
¡The Arc Minnesota lo está buscando! Buscamos una persona vinculada y comprometida con su comunidad, que disfrute de crear vínculos con personas de contextos sociales y experiencias diversos.
Arc Minnesota xav tau koj! Peb tab tom nrhiav qee tus neeg tuas tau sib txuas thiab sib koom hauv lawv lub zej zog thiab txaus siab los tsim cov kev sib raug zoo nrog cov pej xeem ntawm txhua cov keeb kwm thiab cov kev paub dhau los.
Arc Minnesota ayaa kuu baahan! Waxaan raadineynaa qof ku xiran oo ku hawlan beeshooda oo ku raaxeysta dhisidda xiriirrada dadka asalkoodu yahay iyo waayo aragnimada oo dhan.
Organization & Position Summary:
The Arc Minnesota promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
Be a Villager! For more than 30 years, thanks to shoppers, donors, and the team of staff & volunteers, Arc’s Value Village has provided funding for The Arc Minnesota programs and services, benefiting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Our helpful staff is trained to provide excellent customer service in a fun, friendly, and clean shopping environment.
This position provides service and support in the operational areas of Arc’s Value Village Thrift Stores and Donation Centers. This includes the areas of donor assistance/customer service, janitorial, general maintenance and waste management. Donation Center employees are responsible to complete general donation receiving, salvage, overstock and janitorial services.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous time off policies such as sick time and floating holiday time, for full-time AND part-time team members
- Flexible schedules, because we understand the importance of your life OUTSIDE of the workplace
- Varied work responsibilities & development opportunities to GROW your career
- Wages STARTING at $13.75/hour
- The Arc of Minnesota proudly offers benefit options to employees working full-time AND part-time
- The opportunity to make a difference in YOUR community & and in the lives of Minnesotans experiencing Intellectual and Development Disabilities
- Greet/attend to donors with drop offs in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service
- Provide necessary cleaning services for sales floor, support and salvage work
- Maintain and appropriately use and store janitorial supplies
- Recycles appropriate materials; keeps recycling areas neat and organized
- Loads and unloads trucks safely and effectively using safe/appropriate work habits
- Operates all store equipment including vehicles, balers, fork lifts, and cleaning equipment according to all prescribed safety methods
- Attends to interior and exterior site needs throughout a given shift
- Provides snow removal and salting of exterior store areas as needed
- Assists with categorizing and packing hazardous waste
- Works independently without constant supervision
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred
- 1-2 years General Labor/Janitorial Experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, donors, and volunteers
- Able to pass required Fit for Duty testing
- Able to lift boxes and bags that weigh 50-100 lbs
- Able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop continuously throughout assigned work shift
- Able to lift trash cans to waist height and load and unload trucks
- Able to work varied hours/days as business dictates
The above is intended to describe the general content & requirements for this position. This job posting should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Arc Minnesota is proud to be an AA/EEO employer