Development Officer Individual Giving
165 Western Ave N
Suite 8, Office #100
St. Paul, MN 55102
Position Title: Development Officer, Individual Giving Department: Advancement
Supervisor: Chief Advancement and Marketing Officer FLSA Status: Full time, exempt
Location: Combination of remote and office (St. Paul) Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 / year
WomenVenture is an economic development agency designated as an SBA Women’s Business Center and a CDFI. Over its 45-year history, WomenVenture has provided women of all ages, cultures, races, and income levels with the tools and resources to achieve economic success through small business ownership. Utilizing in-depth training, expert advice, access to capital, and a network of support we help our clients launch and lead businesses that are profitable and sustainable. Our work is guided by our values of inclusion, impact, and innovation.
The Development Officer, Individual Giving supports WomenVenture’s mission by identifying and communicating with key audiences and working with donors to foster their commitment to action. This person is a member of the
Advancement Team, which is responsible for fundraising, grant-writing, community-building, the volunteer program, communications, marketing, and events
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in strategizing, planning details, and setting budget and fundraising goals for annual individual giving fundraising programs.
- Manage online fundraising platform(s), including entering donations received and making notes in the CRM for each funder.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects
- Oversee all direct mail or online fundraising campaigns
- Work closely with the Communications team on all direct mail and email appeals
- Segment campaigns using all appropriate data available
- Tracking effectiveness of each campaign
- Monitor and analyze progress towards the annual fund goal, adjusting the strategy as needed
- Conduct a yearly planning assessment of annual donor giving including gift acquisition, retention, cultivation activities and stewardship
- Work with the marketing team to develop a communications plan for donors, which may include regular newsletters, client stories, events, thank you videos, and more.
- Plan donor appeals and work with the Communications team to design materials and execute mailings
- Work with the Advancement team to identify and contact individuals to buy tables and sponsorships for Women Mean Business, our main annual fundraiser held each fall.
- Determine a schedule of events / meetings / etc. for donors, including our high level “Circle of Influence” donors.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the liberal arts OR other related experience
- Minimum of two years fundraising experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong written and oral communications skills with an ability to create clear, concise, and persuasive content that motivates people to action
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all economic levels
- Comfortable with public speaking to groups of up to 30 people
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, able to plan and organize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new tech tools quickly
- Creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness to recognize and solve problems
- Annual fund experience
- Capital campaign experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamic 365 CRM
- Sales, marketing and/or communications experience
Work Environment/Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods and may be required to stand for an extended period. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Ability to work a varied schedule is necessary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé (both required) with “Development Officer” in the subject line. No phone calls.
WomenVenture is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. WomenVenture values diversity and strongly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.