Position: Business Consultant
Department: Business Consulting
Supervisor: Senior Business Consultant
FLSA Status: Permanent Full-time Exempt
Location: 80% Virtual Office 20% In-person/on-site (Meetings with clients will be required in the Twin Cities metro area based on business needs)
Salary: Starting at $65,000 – $70,000 / year
WomenVenture is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to empower women to achieve their economic goals by building profitable and sustainable businesses that transform communities. We execute this mission through a four-pillared programming approach that includes training, loans, coaching and a community of support. Our organizational values are inclusion, impact, and innovation, and we seek out candidates who exemplify these characteristics.
The Business Consultant will play a pivotal role in supporting clients in their business endeavors, providing one-on-one consultations, facilitating cohort-style courses, overseeing administrative duties, and assisting with development of programs for clients seeking capital at WomenVenture, including pre-lending and post-lending support. This position requires a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of business development, financial management, and a passion for fostering economic empowerment.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough assessments of clients' business needs and challenges.
- Provide personalized one-on-one consulting services to clients, offering strategic advice and actionable solutions.
- Develop and implement comprehensive business plans tailored to individual client goals.
- Collaborate with the Lending Team to assist clients in accessing capital at WomenVenture.
- Assist clients with pre-lending support to prepare clients for successful loan applications.
- Provide post-lending support initiatives to ensure clients' ongoing success and effective utilization of capital.
- Deliver cohort-style courses covering key business development topics, financial projections and QuickBooks while fostering a collaborative learning environment.
- Collaborate and facilitate courses with the Training Team to ensure that courses include comprehensive support for clients around business financials.
- Contribute to the development of grant reports, ensuring accurate and timely submission.
- Follow data collection systems and processes to track key metrics related to program success and impact.
- Generate regular reports, analyzing data and providing insights for program improvement.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and establish strategic partnerships that enhance the support and resources available to clients.
- Represent WomenVenture at industry events, networking with potential partners and stakeholders.
- Track and evaluate the impact of consulting services and cohort courses on clients' businesses.
- Regularly assess program effectiveness and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support the Sr. Business Consultant.
- Maintain all necessary databases for hours and client information.
- Be available to clients as a resource in many aspects, either internally or as part of a referral network.
Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities that may be assigned at any time.
- This position requires having access to confidential records and information, including but not limited to client information. To perform this job, strict confidentiality must be maintained. This position requires completion of SBA 1081.
Qualifications & Skills:
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience in business consulting, financial management, or related roles.
- Experienced with Profit & Loss Statements, Cash Flow Forecasting and Budgeting.
- Experience with managing multiple client interactions.
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs or cohort-style courses.
- Familiarity with Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) is a plus.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online for financial tracking and reporting.
- Proven communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by clients and a commitment to their economic empowerment.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to work independently, identify issues, suggest, and implement improvements.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication and people skills.
- Excellent cultural competencies and ability to collaborate across diverse perspectives, ideas, and people with diverse backgrounds.
- High level of commitment to issues of gender equality and the social mission of the agency.
WomenVenture takes great pride in providing exceptional benefits to our staff. Employees are eligible for 18 paid holidays and 18 PTO days starting their first year. WomenVenture offers medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance. WomenVenture offers a paid paternity leave, health savings account, flexible spending account, pre-tax transportation, and an employee assistance program. Employees can also participate in a retirement plan with an employer match.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter using our applicant portal.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods and may be required to stand for an extended period. The employee may occasionally move items weighing up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks, and skills required of people in the position.
WomenVenture is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.