Child Care Business Development Specialist
165 Western Ave N
Suite 8, Office #100
St. Paul, MN 55102
Position Title: Child Care Business Development Specialist Department: Training
Supervisor: Director of Innovative Programs & Investments FLSA Status: Full time, exempt
Location: 85% Virtual/15% virtual Salary: $55,000 - $66,000 / year
Hours: Monday-Friday core business hours between (8am-6pm); occasional evenings and weekends
WomenVenture is an economic development agency designated as an SBA Women’s Business Center and a CDFI. Over its 45-year history, WomenVenture has provided women of all ages, cultures, races, and income levels with the tools and resources to achieve economic success through small business ownership. Utilizing in-depth training, expert advice, access to capital, and a network of support we help our clients launch and lead businesses that are profitable and sustainable. Our work is guided by our values of inclusion, impact, and innovation.
The Child Care Business Development Specialist is responsible for recruitment, coordinating, and the execution of WomenVenture’s childcare business programs. This role includes building community partnerships with childcare stakeholders, recruitment of new childcare providers into our programs, managing, coordinating, and delivering business training and business consultation for prospective and existing childcare business owners and participation in development of new programming and services related to support of childcare businesses. Position requires the ability to travel and work a flexible schedule including nights and occasional Saturdays.
- Establish a presence in communities across the state where WomenVenture has not been present, and create stronger ties with existing communities in delivering childcare services
- Engage with childcare stakeholders, public and private agencies, and communities to promote childcare programs.
- Build pipelines for all our childcare programs (training, consulting, YourVenture, and other childcare business support services)
- Support and facilitate and manage class cohorts for childcare business training programs for family childcare.
- Actively update training materials, using a continual quality program improvement approach through the incorporation of client, staff, volunteer, and trainer evaluation of program offerings.
- Recruit, train, and oversee program clients, and paid and partner organization subject matter expert trainers.
- Lead all training program evaluation efforts.
- Be an active participant and thought leader in Agency year-end client survey project.
- Ensure classroom liaisons:
- Review client applications for participation in childcare training programs.
- Prepare materials for trainers and participants in advance of childcare business training programs.
- Prepare online and site-based classrooms to meet client and trainer needs.
- Are timely and responsive in meeting the needs to training client’s needs.
- Record childcare training client related activities using Agency accepted software and methodologies.
- Input data / oversee data input of all childcare consulting client related activities, using Agency accepted software and methodologies.
- Provide solutions to clients in response to identified needs including specific, functional areas of childcare business ownership such as business formation, business planning, marketing, sales, financial forecasting and analysis, real estate, and financing.
- Assist clients with preparation of loan applications.
- Conduct effective, confidential one-on-one client advisement services for emerging and existing family-licensed and center-licensed childcare business owner clients.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, or another relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience in childcare operations and business
- Experience working with ethnically diverse populations; Spanish speaking a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong business acumen; comfort and competency in working with numbers.
- Training and meeting facilitation skills, including the ability to effectively present information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Competence with databases, spreadsheets, and standard professional software.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods and may be required to stand for an extended period. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Ability to work a varied schedule is necessary, including day, evening, and weekend hours
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé (both required) to HR@womenventure.org with “Child Care Business Development Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls.
WomenVenture is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. WomenVenture values diversity and strongly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.